Thursday, December 20, 2018

ACTION RESEARCH ON BUSINESS ANALYSIS IN FINANCE


Planning
            Orientation and introduction to the organization will be important since they will enable me to lay a strong foundation for my entire internship period at the organization. Additionally, first impressions will be critical since they will enable me to establish the basis for everything that will follow during my internship as a business analyst in finance. In this case, I will be needed to be oriented and introduced to the organization to make me feel comfortable with my new position and take a shorter time to reach my goals and potential. I will be required to prepare for the orientation because it will thoroughly:
        i.            Contribute to my effectiveness and productivity
      ii.            Promote communication and interaction between the organization's supervisors and me during the internship
    iii.            Provide me with concise and accurate data and information to make me comfortable as a business analyst in finance
    iv.            Encourage my confidence and helps me adapt to the organization faster
            During the orientation, it is my expectation that I will meet a lot of people. Therefore, I will be ready to absorb a lot of information from everyone that I will come into contact with. Among the preparations is having a ready way of recording and absorbing the information I will gain from these people. I also expect that I will be briefed on daily procedures at the organization such as clocking in and clocking out, where to put my belongings, and ways in which I should dress while at the organization. Additionally, I will be briefed on my responsibilities as a business analyst in finance.
Action
            Though I had not been given dressing instructions, I dressed in such a way that I looked professional and polished. I was not sure whether I was going to be on my feet the whole day, but I wore comfortable shoes lest that was going to be the case. I had not been in the organization before, and because I needed to account for the time to find the premises, pack and check with my supervisor, I arrived early at the organization premises. I also ensured that I had a notebook and a pen to note what I was going to learn during the orientation and introduction to the company. Before I left the car to the area where the orientation was taking place, I ensure I had all my personal information on hand.
            A security officer directed me to a large auditorium where orientation was going to take place. I had arrived early, and it had not started. However, twenty minutes later the orientation coordinator arrived accompanied by two other gentlemen. Without taking time, he welcomed us and immediately started narrating the history of the company to get us in the mood and the atmosphere of how things were done in the organization. The part in which the coordinator had to explain the history of the organization took much of the time. Immediately after, one of the gentlemen took over. His was not complicated and did not take long. In this session, he explained to us the day-to-day procedures and ways in which we were supposed to conduct ourselves at the organization.
            The orientation took another one day where it was full of learning about the organization as well as looking for ways in which our days at the organization were going to be fruitful. At the conclusion of the second day, the orientation coordinator gave us a tour of the facility before giving us an opportunity in which we interacted with the employees of the organization.
Observation
            During the orientation at the organization, I observed that orientation requires knowledge of one’s information and having a plan. There is a need for the person being oriented knowing the details of the organization beforehand and coming up with a comprehensive orientation plan. The orientation was full of knowledge and information absorption. From the knowledge and information, one could easily tell the nature of the organization and the seriousness they put in their new employees during the orientation and introduction to the company. Additionally, from the careful analysis of the information from the orientation coordinator, I knew that the internship was going to be successful. The orientation coordinator and the two gentlemen with whom he collaborated were very interested in making us feel part of the larger organization. They were thorough and made the orientation process seem simple though I had some fear that it was going to pose some challenges.
            Based on the information I gathered, the organization conducted the orientation informally. They did not have scheduled sessions and were more casual with no pre-set agenda. A lot of questions came up when I was being presented with new information about the organization, day-to-day procedures, and my responsibilities on business analysis in finance. Although some of the questions were of concern to me, they were thoroughly clarified by the orientation coordinator who was always ready and prepared to answer every question that came up during the orientation sessions. During the tour of the facility, I saw the size of the facility. The organization had several buildings each hosting a department or several departments according to the line of duty of departments. Additionally, all the offices of the organization were within the facility.
Reflection
            I was very happy when I found out that I was going to oriented and introduced at the organization in preparation for the internship later. When I first called at the organization to confirm my acceptance and then my first day for the orientation at the company, I knew that the internship was going to be successful and that I had made the right choice to learn business analysis in finance at the company. When I had my first meeting with the orientation coordinator, I knew that it was going to be a great experience because it was the first steps I had taken towards the journey of business analysis in finance where I was going to apply my knowledge and understanding in a meaningful way. I understood that if I was to be successful in associating the intricate concepts I had learned in class previously with real life situations, I had to ensure that the orientation was successful.
            The orientation and introduction to the organization turned into my ability to get knowledge about the organization and the internship from others. From this, I was able to grasp the idea that business analysis in finance required comprehensive preparation to have a better foundation to acquire the set of unique skills. I knew that it was going to be a powerful force which was going to influence the outcomes of the internship at the end truly. Additionally, I knew that it was going to drive my purpose of being in the organization.
            The iteration was successful. If I were to conduct the iteration again, I would employ the same methods. However, I believe that it was not perfectly conducted and that there are some things which would require being changed if it was to be repeated. Some of the things I would do otherwise are an allocation of more time and availing as many people from the organization as possible to give information to the interns.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at MeldaResearch.Com in nursing essay help USA if you need a similar paper you can place your order from custom college papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Political Essay in Colorado

Are you looking to order for Political Essay?  When you order with us,we assign your political essay to writers who have experience and are...