Friday, October 5, 2018

Cultural Beliefs


My childhood was full of phobias that I thought my life was not comfortable at all. The cultural beliefs were the contributor to some of the fears that I developed to become a phobia. At my early primary school age, there was the season of which my area experienced a lot of snakes. I had feared snakes and anytime I could see a rope coiled or wrapped in any suggesting manner could get my anxiety and fear up. The problem had been developed for some time. When I was young, the grandmother used to tell use the stories of the longest snake in the world that was able to carry anything. When the snake approaches, everyone did have its way away from the fearless world snake. To my surprise, the snake used to carry people and used as to kill people. Each evening the grandmother could narrate the tale, I developed a fear that grew and got me to fear snakes. I used to think of this big longest snake only to my surprise and understanding was that she was talking about the train. The aim of the grandmother was to get us to avoid the railway so that we could not get harmed. As time went on and I got told on how robes have been turning into snakes. Anything that is flexible and can be clogged/ knotted/ twisted could turn into a snake and all sought of descriptions were provided to act as a warning such that we avoid playing with ropes. The intimidation infringed the fear and anytime I could see a robe my mind run of a snake being around. I could not imagine what if the real snake appears.
The condition went on and on until my father and mother realized that I had been affected psychologically with the phobia. My father decided to get the behavior away with the play of a trick game that got the fear out and changed my perception of the train, robes and any flexible things that can be knotted.  I don’t know whether it was a punishment, but it was a secretive something that got the fear out of me. It was when I was in a middle class that my dad went on to search for the snake scales. He obtained and one day when I was a taking a nap after an enjoyable lunch, he tied the scales around my waist and got some displayed in a way to show that the snake was within. When I wake up, he was there to tell look there is a snake around your waist I almost fainted, but I had no other option but to gain courage. I was told how the snake did remove the scales in my waist. On my side, there was a plastic snake. Since then the fear of snakes got out of me that I fear nothing because I belief it once tied around my waist.
My friend, a neighbor, is a poor timekeeper. It is my skill of using the watch alarm, phone alarm, and other alarms to get him used to undertake things according to scheduled time. I will change this behavior of forgetting by denying him the best meal that he likes upon listening to the alarm and forgetting to come. When he comes even by a 1 second late, he will get denied. This will train him to learn on keeping time.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in customized research paper if you need a similar paper you can place your order for medicine essay writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Political Essay in Colorado

Are you looking to order for Political Essay?  When you order with us,we assign your political essay to writers who have experience and are...