Thursday, October 18, 2018

Reflection Writing


Currently, I am undertaking a course that is preparing me for a profession in health care.  The community has different groups of populations.  Each group faces unique health challenges that are best addressed through individual health focus.  I am working at the William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home where I am assisting in the delivery of healthcare services. I am also involved in assisting the home run smoothly by participating in different roles across different departments at home.  My engagement at the veterans’ home is in line with the goal of my course.  The course strives to give students adequate exposure to the various health issues affecting communities.  I chose to focus on the veterans’ home so as to focus my attention on the veterans’ population.
William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home is an 81-bed private nursing facility that hosts Short-stay and long-stay residents. As a volunteer, I have been part of a team that offers social, physical, emotional and spiritual support to the residents. The course aims to assist students in determining her role as health care professionals in a community setting.  I believe my experience at the Veterans homes will help me prepare and acquire skills and experience critical for my role as a healthcare professional. Healthcare professionals are needed in the community to provide preventive and curative services.  I believe that am at William E. Christoffersen Salt Lake Veterans Home to help improve the lives of men and women who once served the nations.  I believe I will provide the veterans with the psychological and emotional support that they need to lead normal lives.
 There is usually a perception that the veteran population is difficult to work with because of the difficulties they experience as they adjust to a life away from the military.  The common belief is that the veteran community has various psychological and physical problems related to their previous careers. Most of the beliefs are false and based on the tendency to stereotype the Veterans.  It is true that Veterans may have difficulty adjusting to a normal life but with a bit of guidance and support, they adjust.   In fact, I believe veterans are discipline and strive to be as independent as possible as a result of their training in the military. I have a little bit of concern over my inexperience and whether it would affect my ability to perform at the nursing home.  However, I know I will have a guide who will see me through the working duration.  Supervision and constants communication and information sharing are effective strategies that would enable me to be a productive part of the nursing home.
 I hope to gain experience and exposure to working with special groups.  The experience can prepare me to handle other special groups effectively.  I also intend to participate in critical decision making on matters of healthcare provision to the veterans.  I also intend to put my theoretical knowledge into practice.  Specifically, I intend to apply my epidemiological and empirical knowledge into the practical world at the Veterans nursing home.  From experience, I also intend to gather perspective on the emerging issues affecting Veterans and nursing homes in general.  The knowledge will be essential in the delivery of healthcare services in the future.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in best nursing writing services if you need a similar paper you can place your order for custom nursing papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Political Essay in Colorado

Are you looking to order for Political Essay?  When you order with us,we assign your political essay to writers who have experience and are...